Sunday, May 01, 2005

So today was a beautiful day. Nothing out of the ordinary or spectacular happened; just a day filled with laughter, joy, family and friends. A day like today is one of those days ill look back on and know that that happiness and joy i felt came straight from God. How wonderful and big He is, how He can wrap me up in His love and let me know that it’ll be okay. Worthwhile even. It’s funny how sometimes i get so lost and confused along the way that i am never able to look up from the mess I’m in and see the true blessing i have in life. But I’m thankful that it’s in those little moments that He reminds me of how beautiful life is. As i look back on today there’s countless times where He reminds me of this; That hug from a friend I haven’t seen in weeks, that talk with that student who just brings a smile to my face, eating ice cream for breakfast with my girls, sitting on a bench and sharing that moment with the person beside me, that look across the room from my sister telling me she loves me, being around family and knowing that we are healing (that we will be alright). How can I look back on a day like today and not say that it was beautiful?

No comments: