Sunday, May 22, 2005

Why is it so easy for me to put on that smile and say that im okay, when really im not. Why am i so afraid or reluctant to share what’s really going on with me. Sadly this is something I’ve gotten really good at over the years. Yeah its something i work on, trying to be real with the people, letting them into what’s happening in my world. But it’s so hard for me to show that part of me that’s hurting. I realize now that if I don’t allow people into my world and share with them my pain, my joys, my happiness, I’m just depriving myself of the community and relationships God meant for me to be in. God has blessed me with some pretty sweet people who i know care about what’s going on with me. Some amazingly real Godly women who I know will always be there to live life with me. They push when i need a good shove, or have a word of encouragement when I’m down, and most of all they're just there letting me know that it’ll be alright. God has taught me a lot through these girls; He’s taught me that I need to be real because they’re real and they do care, that’s its okay & that I don’t have to be afraid to share my life with people. And that they won’t give up on me, even when my world is full of ciaos and madness and I’m just about ready to give up on me. So I guess this is thank you, to all of you, for willing to live life with me,for showing me God's love and what its ment to be, for being real, for caring, for being such a blessing and bringing words of wisdom to my life, for just being there. I promise to try not put on a smile and say I’m okay, when I’m not; I promise to be real.


Philippians 2: 1-7 "1 If then there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, 2 make my joy complete: be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others. 5 Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

real is good. you are amazing. i'm trying to be praying for you (but let me tell you i'm bad at remembering to pray for people, just keeping it "real"). sorry if i didn't leave you alone last night when i should have. i hope everything works out for you. we should hang out sometime.

boarderdudet said...

community is hard. I hate telling people my junk. but lord knows it's how we heal and break and grow. Why didn't i realize this all earlier?